Need help while you study?
For 24 years AFA has been delivering certification courses to the fitness industry. In this time we have developed a range of student support services that are designed to help you through your study with ease, make your time with us as a student enjoyable and most importantly see you qualify as a first class Fitness Professional.
For Face-to-Face Students:
- You receive full lecturer support during and after class. With a range of lecturers on hand in the education team we are always available for questions before, during and after class.
- You receive access to the AFA gym facility for practical application throughout your course and for your own training in your lunch breaks.
- You also receive 12-months access per qualification to the online learning system to review notes long after you have completed your study.
- You can take advantage of the wealth of knowledge all staff, lecturers and trainers have at AFA. Our team of professionals are always happy to help!
Please Note: It is expected you attend all face-to-face classes (unless discussed and organised with the education department prior to the start of the course). 100% attendance is required for you to competently complete this course and enter the industry as a first class Fitness Professional.
At AFA we take our reputation as being a leader in fitness education very seriously and your class attendance is vital to your successful completion of the course. We do however recognise that sometimes things out of your control can happen and if you cannot make class you are expected to call Student Support in the morning.
For Fully Online Students:
- You can call or Skype the AFA Student Support Officer for any questions you have while you are studying, Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
- You can email the Student Support Officers at anytime of the day and receive a response within 24-hours.
- If you are in Melbourne or Brisbane you can attend up to 2 face-to-face lectures (per certificate) at no extra cost.
For all Students:
- Personal Tutoring (Melbourne) is available to all students should you be after some extra guidance.
- All students receive 12-months access to the HealthyPeople website at no cost (helping you seek employment after you graduate).
- Take advantage of the Academy’s employer networks and visit our job boards which are updated regularly with career and job opportunities. Through this job board you can access all the top jobs on offer at any time.
- As one of the largest training providers in the country we guarantee you interviews with our corporate partners on successful completion of the course for the position of employed instructor, personal trainer or both! We are partners with Fitness First, Genesis, Goodlife Health Clubs, Fernwood Fitness, Anytime Fitness, Jetts, On Board Spa Cruise Ships, Executive Fitness Management, Personal Best, and many other private gyms.
The Academy prides itself on our extensive Student Support Services and regardless of how you study with us you can have as much contact with the lecturers as you wish to support you through your study and your career.