The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
The Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum.
An opportunity exists for dynamic, proactive and suitably experienced professionals, with excellent customer service and gym floor experience.
- $36.59 per hour + Superannuation
- Position Location: Glen Waverley / Oakleigh / Clayton
About the Position:
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Providing proactive and diligent supervision of patrons on the gym floor, whilst assisting with operational needs such as welcoming new members, providing training advice, technique correction, generating feedback and cleaning of equipment.
- Conducting thorough health assessments and designing individualised fitness programs for patrons.
- Providing high level of customer service to patrons at all times.
- Positively promoting the benefits of fitness programs and retention initiatives within the centre.
- Conducting group exercise sessions when required within scope of practice.
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of minimum of Certificate III in Fitness or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Sound communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in assessing physical fitness and developing individual fitness programs.
- Experience in managing patrons in a dynamic health and fitness environment.
- Live City of Monash Mission, Vision and Values.
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to adapt to varying tasks and priorities.
- Registration with Fitness Australia.
Requirement of the position:
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Current Working With Children’s Check
In accordance with government requirements announced 15 October successful candidates will be required to demonstrate evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination within the following time frames (first dose 22 Oct, second dose 26 Nov).
What We Offer:
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of 31 October 2021 at 11:55pm.
Click this link to apply
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Darren Taylor on [email protected].