“Living Longer Living Stronger” Fitness Instructors
The ‘Strength for Life: Move it’ project is funded by the ‘Move It’ AUS – Better Ageing Grants Program funded by the Australian Government. Central Goldfields Shire Council has been funded through the Loddon Mallee Region (LMR) ‘Move It’ project to increase levels of physical activity of Australians aged 65 years of age and over (65+) and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 50 years and older (50+), particularly those who are currently least active, to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
The program will focus on motivating older people to participate in opportunities to improve physical health or fitness, fun and enjoyment and social connection. The program will also seek to better understand and remove the barriers to participation.
The “Living Longer Living Stronger” Fitness Instructor will help to facilitate “Living Longer Living Stronger” strength training sessions for elderly people within the Central Goldfields Shire Council, particularly in Maryborough, Dunolly and Talbot.
The Fitness Instructor will ensure the following outcomes are achieved:
- Older people will feel safe and welcome to participate in strength training
- Older people will be encouraged to understand the benefits of physical activity, particularly strength training
- Instructor will be paid to complete “Living Longer Living Stronger” training through COTA
Appointment Type – Temporary/Casual/Contract
Location – Maryborough, Talbot and/or Dunolly
Weekly Hours – 5-15 Hours across 1-3 Days, pending program uptake
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate 1 hour strength training for groups of 5-6 elderly participants
- Provide a safe, encouraging and welcoming environment for elderly people to complete strength training
- Use fitness principles to tailor sessions to different abilities
- Use exercise science knowledge to progress individuals and maximise benefits of strength training
- Make sessions engaging and fun for elderly clientele
- Certificate 3 in Fitness at minimum
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Preferred)
To apply please send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
For all other enquiries please contact Zac Egan – 0428 965 448