HEALTH AND FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Casual position – flexible hours
Salary: $36.98 – $59.18 per hour
Monash Sport coordinates a wide range of aquatic, indoor & outdoor sport, health, fitness, wellness and social sport services and activities for Monash University students, staff and the wider community. Through providing these opportunities, we endeavour to enhance the health and wellbeing of our community and the on campus experience for our students & staff.
The Health and Fitness Instructor position is responsible for providing exercise advice and instruction on the safe operation of gym equipment to Monash Sport members. The position operates with a focus on customer service excellence and is a key member of the Health and Fitness business unit.
- Provide a range of health and fitness based services to the Monash Sport community including: provision of core Fitness Centre services to members, provision of diligent and proactive supervision, assistance and support to Fitness Centre patrons and undertaking health and fitness assessments and individual program design
- Draw on fitness knowledge and professional standards to promote a positive image of Monash Sport and deliver consistently high-quality, professional and effective service and programs to customers
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of the effectiveness of services and programs, promotional activities and member retention strategies
- Educate Fitness Centre users on the importance of adhering to the Centre’s Conditions of Entry/Fitness Etiquette guidelines
- Undertake administrative tasks, including but not limited to data entry and basic statistical reporting
- Work with colleagues to maintain the Fitness Centre facilities, including participating in equipment maintenance processes
- Maintain open and effective channels of communication with supervisors, customers and other stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria
The appointee will have:
- Certificate III in Gym Instructing and Certificate IV in Personal Training
- Current CPR and Level 2 First Aid Certificate; and
- Current AusREP Registration with Fitness Australia (student membership will be sufficient); and
- An industry recognised Kettle-bell certification (or a willingness to obtain within three months of employment); and
- An industry recognised TRX certification (or a willingness to obtain within three months of employment)
Knowledge and Skills:
The appointee will have:
- Sound knowledge and technical skills in prescribing and supervising exercise programs.
- A commitment to maintaining and applying relevant, up-to-date knowledge.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high levels of customer service.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as independently under routine supervision.
- Sound communication skills, including the ability to professionally liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to adapt to varying tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to deal with member/user group issues in line with policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Please note, this is NOT a Personal Training role. This is a gym instructor position where the appointee will be required help create a welcoming and inclusive training environment by maintaining a diligent and consistent presence on the Fitness Centre floor, while supervising and engaging with a large number of members across our multi level centre.
One on One consultations will occur via the design of individual exercise programs only.
For more information or the express your interest, please contact:
Fitness Operations Coordinator
T: 03 9905 1160
E: [email protected]