ABOUT e.motion21, Inc
e.motion21 is a not-for-profit organisation that provides Australian-first, innovative dance and fitness programs for children and young adults with Down syndrome. Through performance-based activities and community engagement, e.motion21 aims to enhance lives for people with Down syndrome and change perceptions of Down syndrome within society.
Our vision is to enhance lives and change perceptions of Down syndrome within society through dance, fitness and performance.
We achieve this by:
- Moving bodies:providing programs to children and young adults with Down syndrome in supportive and social environments tailored to meet their specific learning needs.
- Moving boundaries:engaging positively with individuals, families and communities through our programs, performances and media to uncover new potential, promote understanding and raise expectations.
We use the latest global research and techniques to develop our programs and we train specialist teachers to deliver a meaningful experience for all participants. The benefits of the e.motion21 program are wide-ranging and include health, exercise, social and self-esteem outcomes for participants. These benefits in-turn positively impact the participant’s families/carers and the community at large.
All of our teachers, program assistants and volunteers are fully trained in the specific learning styles of people with Down syndrome, and the syllabus and teaching techniques are regularly evaluated and refined to meet the ongoing learning needs of people with Down syndrome.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Dance and Fitness will lead and further develop e.motion21 dance, fitness and performance programs.
The position will also be responsible for exploring new programs and opportunities and expanding the delivery of programs to all members of the community.
Due to the nature of work, flexible hours, out of hours’ attendance and travel with the incumbents’ own vehicle will be required, including attending professional development programs in the incumbents’ own time.
- Using best practice and research identify dance and fitness program ideas and opportunities which align with the objectives of e.motion21 and provide business cases on the same for approval
- Develop and implement a quality control framework for programs
- Recruit, induct, supervise, coordinate, evaluate and train teachers on all aspects of program delivery. Ensure teachers hold current working with children, police check (pass), first aid certificate (HLTAID003), CPR and insurance at all times
- Design and coordinate creative aspects of performances and annual concerts including, dress rehearsal, theme, music, costumes, lighting, production run sheets and backstage plots
- In collaboration with the CEO, lead and develop relationships
- Lead and develop training for dance and fitness teachers and class volunteers (with and without Down syndrome assisting in classes)
- Teach a minimum of two dance and fitness classes per week for choreography and content exploration and development
- In collaboration with the CEO, identify and source new sites and avenues to run programs
- Manage equipment resources and venues for programs
- In conjunction with the CEO, pitch for relevant dance and fitness grants and support
- Ensure that organizational policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work closely with the CEO to promote enrolments and market the program within both local and global communities.
QUALIFICATION RELEVANT TO THE POSITION
- Bachelor degree in Sports Science/Human Movement or related field (essential)
- Bachelor in Dance OR Dance background (essential)
- Physiotherapist OR Occupational Therapist (registration with AHPRA) (desirable)
- Aerobic and/or personal training background (desirable)
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (including CPR)
- Current Police Check, Working With Children Check
- Current drivers licence.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience in business development
- Experience in working with people with disabilities (ideal)
- Extensive experience delivering and choreographing fitness or dance
- Experience managing, supervising and mentoring others
- Demonstrated experience in planning, training and presenting to a group of individuals
- Professional experience working on notable projects and performances
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to engage, consult and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated use of initiative, problem solving, organisational, time management and the ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to write, proof read and edit documents effectively.
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
To be successful, the incumbent will need to be able to operate in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
The incumbent’s values will also need to be aligned with e.motion21’s core values of:
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality and must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- patient, amiable and good humored
- be flexible and reliable.
- e.motion21 contract teachers
- e.motion21 office staff
- e.motion21 participants, families and carers
- e.motion21 volunteers.
- funders and community partners
- general public
- related professional associations.
How to apply
To submit your application, in confidence, please send to email@example.com
Please include a cover letter which addresses the qualifications and experience required.
First round interviews will take place week of 23 January 2017.