A Personal Trainer working within the Boroondara Aquatic and Leisure Facilities (BLAF) does everything in their power to deliver an industry leading, customer centric service which inspires the Boroondara community to achieving their Health and Fitness goals.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Within “The BLAF” we hire career PTs with a great attitude. Previous experience isn’t a must but a great work ethic, a commitment to invest in your own professional development, and a passion for your own fitness philosophy is essential. We are committed to investing in our staff both financially and educationally and expect our staff to be equally committed to their own personal development. We pride ourselves on hiring staff who thrive in this environment.
This position requires a person who is 100% dedicated to the YMCA values and the BLAF Health and Wellness direction. Through developing a rapport with members, the Personal Trainer fosters a commitment to lead a world class customer experience to provide the tools to achieve improved health and wellbeing for all clients, members and patrons.
Duties for each perspective role include:
Health Club Instructor
- Provide the very best health and fitness advice both to members exercising in the Health Club and to patrons booked in for Planning session/Bio-Scans and Program Check/re-scan appointments
- Supervise, motivate and coach all Health Club users, giving technical ques, support and encouragement
- Have knowledge of relevant centre procedures and policies to be able to immediately respond to customer needs or concerns
- Maintain a safe, clean and excellently presented exercising environment for all patrons
- Ensure patrons conform with gym etiquette guidelines
- Adhere to personal training policies and procedures
- Be punctual and professional in customer service delivery
- Deliver periodised, quantified results based, motivating and goal orientated personal training sessions
- Deliver preprogramed sessions to maximise the benefits achieved
- Comply with YMCA best practice model for Personal Training
- Complete BLAF trainings as per the BLAF HR calendar prerequisites and expectation
- Working With Children
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Current registration with a fitness body
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
To find out more about the role and to apply, click on this link