BECOME A MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AIDER
The 12-hour Mental Health First Aid course provides participants with practical skills to support someone with a mental health problem.
Run over two days at the Australian Fitness Academy in Caulfield, this course will help you learn how to assist an adult who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves, using a practical, evidence-based action plan.
This course is based on guidelines developed by Mental Health professionals and is open to adults (aged 18 or over) working in fitness, health and related fields.
A 3-year Mental Health First Aid accreditation will be awarded.
Plus, it is accredited with Fitness Australia for 10 CECs.
The course includes:
- signs and symptoms of common and disabling mental health problems in adults
- how to provide initial assistance
- where and how to access professional assistance
- the type of assistance that is most effective, as confirmed by relevant research
- how to provide first aid in a crisis situation
This is an education course, to learn how to give mental health first aid to others and is not a therapy or support group.
You’ll specifically learn how to help people suffering from:
- Substance Abuse Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts And Behaviours
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (Deliberate Self-Harm)
- Panic Attacks
- Traumatic Events
- Aggressive Behaviours
Our next Mental Health First Aid course will take place on:
Tuesday 17th and Thursday 19th March (10am – 5pm)
This course costs $370, to be paid in full upon enrolment.