Casey RACE is Hiring!
- Enjoy great work/life balance & a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual!
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state!
- $35.71 per hour + Super | Casual
At the Y our vision is a better tomorrow where all people can belong.
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About the Centre
Casey RACE is the premier Health & Fitness facility in City of Casey. Opening its doors in 2009 and is owned by the City of Casey, and managed by YMCA Victoria. The facilities on offer are vast and we cater for people of all ages and all levels of fitness. The centre houses a Health Club, 2 Group Fitness Rooms, a Crèche, Indoor 50m Pool, Indoor Warm Water Pool, Spa/Sauna/ Steam Room, 2 large Water Slides and on site Café. RACE on average has 3500+ members and 2400 Swim Lessons Student. The centre receives over 1,000,000 visits annually.
About the role
As a Health & Fitness Instructor you will possess a genuine desire to encourage and support members to achieve their health and fitness goals. The Instructor is relied upon to motivate, educate and enhance each member’s experience. Through developing a rapport with members, the Health & Fitness Instructor fosters a commitment to their improved health and wellbeing.
This is a casual position and the hourly rate is $35.71 + Super.
As a Fitness Instructor, you’ll be a strong communicator and dynamic leader, motivating and educating our diverse clientele to build healthy, active behaviours. You will be passionate about member growth and customer service with the need to work across the gym floor and customer service with a mindset to engage in the community.
- Certificate III in Fitness or approved equivalent
- Certificate IV in Fitness or approved equivalent (completed or working towards completion)
- Current Fitness Australia Registration, or approved equivalent
- CPR certificate
- First Aid certificate
- 20 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) every two years, in order to maintain your accredited Fitness Industry registration.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
$35.71 per hour + super and free access to gyms and pools around the state!
How to Apply:
Click this link