Lifestyle Essentials is looking for an energetic, reliable team player to join our team of personal trainers at our
Mitcham Studio. The position will start with between 5-10 hours of paid work per week with the trainer required to work alongside our sales and marketing team to grow their hours. This position is ideal for an exercise science student, or a student who is looking for part time work in the fitness industry while they complete their study.
Lifestyle Essentials does not require an experienced trainer and is happy to supply training however the
applicant will not be financially compensated for the training provided.
The role of personal trainer within Lifestyle Essentials’, requires the person to be able to complete the
- Run one on one personal training sessions
- Run semi private group personal training sessions (2 on 1, 3 on 1 personal training sessions)
- Run Small group (up 12) exercise classes (including Boxing, Circuit, Cycle, Strength training classes)
- Run and develop Obstacle course programs
- Participate in marketing and promotion activities for studio
The successful candidate would be able to work split shifts, early mornings and evening and weekends.
- Certificate III in fitness (completed)
- Enrolled in or completion of a certificate IV in fitness
- Holds professional registration (student registration) with one of the governing bodies
- Ability to communicate, efficiently with all age groups (kids – older adults)
- Eager to learn grow and develop
- Able to write and develop programs for beginners through to advance clients
- Able to demonstrate the ability to teach exercise prescription to the novice and inexperienced person
- Please explain why you decided to become a personal trainer?
- What type of personal training (kids PT, weight loss, rehab, group, one on one etc etc) do you
feel that you enjoy the most and see your self being most passionate about?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time in relation to being a personal trainer? (business owner,
own studio, full time part time)
- What do you see as your professional development pathway over the next 2 years?
To apply for the position please send a cover letter, CV and the answer to the selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close 20/11/18