Early Learning Centre Fitness Instructor
StrongFitKids is a children’s fitness program created to be fun, inclusive, and engaging. The program is designed for pre-schoolers with the intention of getting kids active. SFK has successfully evolved the concept of play-based learning, finding the perfect balance between educational content, creativity, health, and social development in our super fun movement sessions. All our activities are designed to encourage participation, expression, and social interaction, in a fun, safe and inclusive environment.
The sessions involve lots of fun activities which have been designed to get the children interested and curious about the benefits of exercising, increase their heart rates, familiarise themselves with certain exercises and techniques, building their confidence and most of all have fun.
About the job opportunity
- SFK is currently looking for 2 fitness instructors to join our team as a contractor
- The instructors will run sessions in day-care and kindergarten centres across inner west suburbs
- Instructors will run 2-5 sessions per job
- Instructors will be paid an hourly rate of $50
- The successful candidates will receive full training and an equipment kit that they will need to run the sessions as well as a branded T-shirt that must be worn when running the sessions.
Activities instructors will run include:
- Basic Exercises whilst having fun – The children will listen to the whistle and then do an exercise such as star jumps, squats, bicycles, push-ups, mountain climbers, bear crawls, etc. They will continue the movement until they hear the buzzer, which is when they will stop and rest. This session also includes a warmup / cool down and education on the benefits of moving our bodies.
- Dance Party – the children will engage in exercise through fun dance routines and activities. The children will listen to the instructions in the songs and follow along, and they will also take part in fun dance games such as freeze dance, musical bumps, and every child’s favourite ‘the floor is lava’. We encourage the children to use their minds and bodies in a game where every child gets to pick and show a dance move, then everyone will copy the move and will continue to add the move on to each one until they end up with their very own choreographed routine.
- Sports Day – our sports day activities are super fun, and the children get to experience comradery and the importance of supporting each other. These activities include kicking a football, bat and ball games, shooting hoops and ribbon twirling.
- Obstacle Course – The activities include an obstacle course which will see them balancing an egg on a spoon, crawling through a small tunnel, throwing bean bags, sack race, jumping through hoops and balancing on stepping rocks.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is confident, bubbly, energetic, passionate about fitness and loves working with children
- Must have a valid working with children card
- Will need a driver’s license and vehicle to get to and from the early learning centres
- Must be available during school hours
- Reliable and professional
- Has Public Liability Insurance
How to Apply:
It’s recommended that you take a look at the www.strongfitkids.com.au website and Instagram page, to get a better idea of what we offer. If you are interested in applying for the role as early childhood fitness instructor for StrongFitKids, please send your expression of interest to Shereen El-dabbagh at email address [email protected] Look forward to hearing from you.