This weekend the biggest Fitness Conference and exhibition in Australia, The Fitness Show, Sydney, takes place.
We’ll be exhibiting there, so if you want to find out more about our Personal Training Course, additional workshops, or speak to some of the team, come on over and say “hi”. We’ll be on stand N26.
The show is huge and full of exciting companies and organisations within the fitness industry. It’s hard to fit everything into one day, so with that in mind, we’ve pulled together our top 10 tips on how to get the most out of the Fitness Show.
- Buy your tickets online, in advance, to avoid long queues or a long wait to get inside. You want to be able to arrive and get in as quickly as possible.
- Plan your mode of transport and plot your route in advance. Sydney is notorious for its traffic, and if you are aiming to get to the event when it opens at 10am/11am you might hit some rush hour traffic. If driving, you’ll also need to think about parking. If you want to avoid the traffic or parking hassle, public transport might be your best option, but look into the route and make that decision in advance.
- Understand exactly what you want to get out of the show. Are you there to see the latest and greatest fitness technology? Are you there to learn more about fitness courses to get started as a PT? Well, come see us if that’s the case 😉 Or are you there to buy fitness clothing, products and supplements at discount? Understand your primary goal will make planning much easier.
- Make a plan. When you know your primary goal, as mentioned above, you can make a plan that will ensure you complete that first, then you can wander around aimlessly… or complete any secondary plans you might have.
- Check out the Exhibitor list. This is key to achieving your goals. Often, companies selling similar products are located near each other, however just as often, they’re not. Have a look through the list. Make a note of everywhere you want to visit, and if you can, take note of where they are located. Then you can plan a route and tick them all off.
- Don’t be afraid to approach stands and ask any questions you have. Believe it or not, that’s exactly what those exhibiting want. The exhibitors are there to talk to as many people as they can, and especially those that are interested in what they have to offer. If they are giving something away, they want to give it away. Simply approach someone on the stand and ask them “tell me more about xyz”.
- Collect as much material as you can. You can always sit down at a later time and go through it. Grab a show bag, a flyer, a brochure and of course some free samples.
- Take time to rest, recover, have a drink and some food. If you intend to be there for a while, make sure you include a break in your plan, otherwise you’ll get cranky, tired and want to leave without getting everything you can from the expo.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the exhibition. There’s nothing worse than turning up to a Fitness Show feeling fatigued, or not at your peak. These shows are full of energetic and enthusiastic people. Be one of them.
- And finally, last but not least, make sure you have all the important information:
20-22 April – Friday is an industry day, for people already in the industry.
Friday 20 April 11.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 21 April 10.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 22 April 10.00am – 5.00pm
International Convention Centre – Darling Harbour