We are Wiki Yu and Louise Spindler and we run our studio, Hopscotch Fitness, in Burwood, Victoria.
Our business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals using a holistic approach through customised nutrition and fitness programs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
We currently offer one-on-one customised nutrition and fitness programs, group training classes, and myotherapy, which educate, motivate, and support women, men, and teens to improve their health and fitness.
Our studio offers a fun yet challenging environment, with a great community, where clients feel empowered to achieve their health and fitness goals. Working with us will give you the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through a minimum 12-week program. You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. We need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our regular staff meetings. You will be expected to complete at least two health or fitness related courses annually.
As you will be taking some of our SGT (small group training) sessions, not all clients in these classes will need weekly tracking or assessments. We will help you determine which clients will need which services based on their goals and training packages.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
Good communication skills. You will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
Health and fitness qualifications. You will need a minimum of Cert III and Cert IV in Fitness with First Aid level 2 as well as insurance.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, gym etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- Suspension training/TRX
- CHEK Qualification
How To Apply:
We’re looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you click this link and follow the application instructions, then we’ll be in touch.